Wednesday, 11 January 2012
started pandoras crew
Managed, at last, to make a start on my Pandora crew. Not much of one admittedly but, it's a start none the less.
Having been given a sewer grill base by a friend who thought it would look cool to have a sorrow appearing from between the bars of the grill, I decided to put the entire crew on Sewer bases. This had the added advantage that I had a set of sewer bases, and with the one given me I had enough for the entire crew box set.
So, in my 45 minutes I had to work I managed to trim up the 6 sewer bases I had and glue them into their plastic bases.
Once this was achieved I started work on one of the sorrows. The idea of gluing to between bars of the grill was a nice but tricky one, in order to provide as strong a bond as possible I decided to leave part of the tab on the Sorrow. This proved tricky to do given I was missing most of my modelling tools since my house move. Still, with much sawing and filing I finally managed it and got the sorrow glued in - hurrah my first part of Pandoras crew together!
And, lucky boy that I am I still had time. Not enough for another sorrow, but, my favourite model from this crew, Baby Kade. A much easier option this one, the main problems being flash down the front left of his face and the underside of the figure needing a good filing in order to make him and his Teddy easily glue able to the base.
(originally published elsewhere August 2011)