A little more painting done last night and my first use of Games Workshop's Liquid Green Stuff.
First the LGS.
I had, as mentioned previously, stuck the arm on Santiago but the glue had left a gap.
It was my intent to fill this gap using LGS. So I popped the lid on the bottle, selected a brush - Nylon bristled - and painted green stuff into the crack.
Worked a treat, how simple. Any excess was easily wiped away and the result seems quite neat, although there's still a little extra on there that I will have to trim off later I think, in the crease on the left hand side as you look at it.
Wash brush thoroughly after use, it's easy to do, comes off nearly as easily as paint, but I wouldn't use my best brushes for it.
The proof will be in the painting I think, so no formal conlcusion, but until then a big thumbs up.
On to painting then. I did not finish off the Sorrows, which I aught really to have done, but decided to partly move on to something new from the Neverborn and partly make some further progress with models that were half done or less from my Guild collection.
|Candy, Austringer & terrible Executioner|
Here then is a picture of how the 3 relevant figures were when I thought I'd finished last night, as you can see the Executioner was simply awful, I was aware that he was in trouble but not quite how bad things were until I took and viewed this photo. Just about everything you can do wrong with a figure I'd done wrong here. I've decided to dedicate an entire blog post as a lesson to those that listen. As I hope you can see here though, I've started to tidy things up where I can.
|Candy, Austringer & still terrible but improving? Executioner|
The work on the Guild models last night consisted in applying a wash of Devlan Mud on the Austringers bird. On the Executioner I finished off his claws/ backpack and pipes, applied a dry brush of Gretchin Green on the base before tidying up the statue and applying a Devlan Mud wash to the statue.
The work on Candy was entirely on the base, I decided to complete the base before taking on Candy herself hoping, by dividing it this way, to keep it to two smaller projects to concentrate on and complete, rather than getting bogged down in too much at once.
|Candy with base near complete.|
Firstly I applied some Liquid Green Stuff arounf the edge of the base insert to fill the gap, this worked nicely but I should probably have been more patient and applied a second layer before painting.
The stonework and sewage were treated the same way as the sorrows, though it looks like a re-visit with the wash on the sewage might be required.
The Ironwork I treated a little differently. The phones flash has, to some extent, washed out the detail and shading. I went for a brighter finish this time. Boltgun Metal base, then Shining Gold was over-brushed onto parts of the flat surfaces very lightly. I did not apply the black wash this time though I think maybe I should have. The 'decoration' on the pipe was painted with Shining Gold. Burning orange was applied to certain areas to represent rust and then the whole thing was washed with Gryphone Sepia. As gaming quality was the aim I think this will suffice. If I was aiming for better I would have applied some highlights along the edges of further Boltgun Metal and applied a black wash before the rust and Sepia wash. Need to apply highlights to the stonework, then I'm ready to go to work on Candy.
I look forwad to cpmpleting Candy. The Executioner will be a pain in the neck. Look for a specific post shortly.
(Originally painted elsewhere November 2011)